It's pretty much a given that comedy channel YouTubers are always looking for new ways to grow their channel. So, if you're trying to grow your channel, you need to try some new approaches to channel growth based on tried-and-true methods.
Comedy channels are so popular that it's not the easiest to become famous as one, but once you do it's worth the struggle! Being a creator with a comedy channel means that you're no stranger to the large amount of time that's required to make videos that will keep viewers watching.
This article hopes to support comedy channel YouTubers to create greater content and aim to become like famous YouTube channel "Funny or Die"!
Reading this article will help your comedy channel since all of these methods are proven to show results, plus these tips will help you imitate how top YouTubers operate their channels.
How to Grow Your Comedy Channel :
1. First: Collaboration
To get more views on YouTube, one of the best things you can do for your channel is try a collaboration to introduce yourself to a new audience. You may be surprised to learn that YouTube specifically recommends collaborations as a way to achieve discovery on the platform. So it's clear that introducing collaboration videos to your channel is important for growth.
- One of our top recommendations for collabs is to choose a YouTuber who is similar to you in a few different ways. These include having a similar amount of subscribers, channel genre, and video quality. If you choose a channel that's too different from yours, then the audience may not be interested in the collaboration.
- Try to communicate clearly with whoever you collaborate with about the content of the videos you'll be making so you're both on the same page. Miscommunication is something you want to avoid in a collab, so take the time to make a plan!
- Collaborations can either be a huge success or a flop depending on the techniques you use to produce them. To make better collab videos, check out a YouTube Creators Academy lesson on collaborations and learn the entire process from pre-production to post video release, including how to cross-promote content.
To learn more about this important topic, click here!
2. Second: Video Captions
As a new way to spice up your channel, captions are recommended for getting more views on YouTube. The reason is that some potential viewers may turn away from your videos if they don't have captions. This is especially true for viewers who don't understand English very well. About two-thirds of a channel’s views come from outside the creator’s home country, so captions will be very attractive to viewers like this who have a language barrier on YouTube.
- If you're sold on the idea of captions, you may be hesitant about the time it will take to create them. Actually, it's faster than you may think thanks to YouTube's auto-generating function.
- When you go into your Video Manager page, choose "Subtitles and CC" from the Edit menu. From here you can correct any lines of auto-generated text. Since the auto-generator is getting more and more accurate, this shouldn't take much time at all.
- It's actually quite easy to find a new group of subscribers thanks to the caption function on YouTube. The below YouTube master class video invites YouTube Creator Jessica Kellgren-Fozard to explain about the benefits of video captioning. Have a look!
Let's learn more about this topic here!
3. Third: Callmart
If you haven't heard of charged communication, you should definitely keep reading to learn more and discover how Callmart can help you get more views on YouTube. Charged communication is a simple system where buyers pay to call and talk to you. This system can be highly beneficial to YouTubers looking to boost viewer outreach!
- Callmart charges viewers to chat with you and you decide how much they pay per minute. Most loyal viewers will be thrilled they can call and talk to you directly!
- Besides earning you money, Callmart presents a way for you to get word-of-mouth recommendations. At the end of a phone call, simply ask callers to share your channel on social media!
- For three months fee-free, download Callmart today! This is your chance to keep more of what you earn while you make new connections with viewers.
4. What did you think?
Try using at least one of the methods described above; we're sure your comedy channel will grow to heights you didn't think possible!
For more information on how to grow your channel, the articles below will help!
Your channel probably has a lot of potential, so make sure to cultivate it!
You may also like . . .